Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Honey did you feed the pets

In the work full of minutae complete with chores, social engagements, and seemingly 24-hour work schedules, interaction with loved ones seem to be minimized. My husband and I sometimes feel like our most meaningful conversation begins and ends with "Honey, did you feed the pets". At least its a twice daily conversation, but its not exactly super fulfilling.

On a broader letter, there are so many "things" we want to do. We both enjoy writing, want to be entrepreneurs, want to do something for eachother, and with eachother. We need something more meaningful. So, as a hobby we thought we'd start a blog. Perhaps nobody will read it. I'm sure my mother in law will. If anyone else reads it, maybe they'll hate it.

We want to share views of the world, document our opinions, and generally lubricate our brains. Nothing against our careers, but we aren't exactly setting the world on fire. So, if we can start to excercise some outside thought, who knows what it will lead to? Vague yes... open ended yes... but here we embark.

I am currently in New Jersey on business. I have to trust that Kenny fed the pets. I look forward to my turn at pet feeding on Saturday, and I'll now hand the blog off to my honey.

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment