Friday, December 11, 2009

Friday... At last

I finally have calmed myself from the stresses of this week and have relaxed into my Friday night.

Having just put Tatum, my 2 and half year old Daughter, to bed after reading her a bedtime story (llama llama Mad at Mama), I can now make myself dinner (Turkey Sandwich) and watch some TV (right after I finish this post).

Jessica has been gone since Monday at 6AM. She has been in Parsippany, NJ at her company's week-long training, planning meetings, motivational extravaganza. She is currently flying home to me in Seattle (Kirkland actually). It has been a week in which I proved to myself that I could do it and I think I deserve a beer. Hold on.

Ok, there we go (Beer on desk now). What did I do? I survived hell week for Dad. I truly feel for Single Moms... this has been a taxing week... I cannot imagine going even a year without my spouse (and I got family help this week).

Starting on Monday, I had an 8AM conference call. Tatum woke up simultaneously to me dialing into the conference. I listened to the call as I changed diapers and prepared her breakfast. Apparently I have a lot of work to do, that's the gist of the call. Great, happy Monday.

Get Tatum going and off to daycare, while getting me going and off to work is a slow tornado of activity (and I am pretty slow). Jess has the process down to a science, while I have the process down to a frustrating Science problem in 7th grade. I am lucky enough to work from my home office, but I spend most of my time calling on distributors in "the Field". Sales. Today, my Sales Manager is flying in from Chicago for three days of Sales Calls. I pick him up at the Airport at 11:15 and drop him off at his hotel at 4PM and go get tatum from Daycare at 5. Feed the Daughter, Feed the pets (Cat: Coconut, Dog: Jackson), get Tatum to bed, answer some emails, plan for the next days meetings while I watch the end of Monday Night Football, make myself dinner and sleep. Rinse; Repeat two more times. It has not got above 35 degrees Farenheit this week (and the mornings are in the teens), that makes it harder but at least it didn't snow. My pets have gotten major cabin fever and are being needy. On Wednesday I discovered that Jackson has some sort of bleeding bed sore on his Cheek. I have no idea how he got it but its gross. I clean it with some Dog ear cleaner (works on cheeks too) and then put some human neosporin on it (works on dogs too). Go to sleep. Tatum wakes up at 4Am and wants to snuggle in my bed. How can I resist, but it doesn't help me get my beauty rest.

On Thursday, I finally made it to the Gym, which helped erase the guilty feeling I had been having. Now its Friday, and I have kept both the Pets and the Daughter alive with the Wife returning in T-minus 2 hours. This beer taste good. The house is a mess, but the beer still tastes Good. Now to my Sandwich!

No comments:

Post a Comment