Sunday, May 16, 2010

facebook posts

It has been a while since I blogged. The primary reason for this is that I was on pregnancy bed rest for nearly two months, which didn't result in a lot of interesting material. My blogs would have outlined my transition between bed and couch and back again. Plus with my enormous belly, there was no "lap" for my laptop. But now I avow to make up for a large gap.

While confined to my blackberry I have wasted an increasing amount of time checking Facebook. I have begun to wonder if everyone's lives are as sunshiney as their status updates indicate, or if their updates are purely selected to portray that. And for those people that don't regularly let us know their daily goings on, are they having a rough time and just don't want to talk about it? I have laughed to myself that if I was totally forthcoming in my status updates, I would be defriended by about 60 percent of my Facebook "friends" and letting a bit too much information come forth.

Here are examples of typical status updates:

"Coffee on the patio and then baseball game with the kids and amazing husband! What a beautiful day!"

"Out with all my BFF's for wine and apps. Great evening with Lisa, Sarah and Marie!"

"Just tried a new recipe which cured my middle age acne, allowed me to run a half marathon in 90 minutes and the food actually washed the dishes when we were done. Thanks food network!"

"Just ran 10 miles while doing bicep curls, then cleaned my house and planted some flowers. All before 9am. Going to be a productive day!!!"

So, if I were to post HONESTLY in the past couple of months, here is what you would find.

"Took a bath to relax contractions. Too big for my tub, almost couldn't get out! Ha!"

"Finished all my laundry...three days ago. Still waiting for it to fold itself".

"Pushed a baby out of my va-jay-jay this morning. Think I will order some grilled cheese now"

"Bleeding nipples. Nuff said"

"I love my husband for being so helpful! My husband is a huge jerk. Ack! Lost control of my emotions! What day is it???"

"Breast fed three times and ate one meal and read 2 books to my three year old. All before 3pm! I think I will go put my contacts in and shower, going to be a productive....ah who am I kidding this day is shot."

"Sore crotch. Ice pack down there. Love percoset"


Hey: I'm just being honest.and don't get me wrong, I love my baby and she is awesome. I have no complaints. But for now, if I'm being honest, I think I will refrain from status updates on Facebook.

More later...

2 comments:

  1. So glad you're back....maybe this will motivate me to post again. It's only been just shy of 12 months...hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love reading your posts :) love the honest updates, so been there with all of them!!! :) how's the new little one?!!! hope you are getting some sleep in between all the madness ;)

    ReplyDelete