Saturday, January 30, 2010

Big Mouth and Big Boo boos

Oh from the mouth of babes as they say.

Today my lovely daughter told me that I had a big mouth. This is how she explains that I ate more in the same amount of time as her. She said "mama have big mouth. East faster. Tatie has little mouth."

Similarly, when I get her dressed she says "Tatie little boo boos" . "Mama have BIIIIIIIG boo boos".

If the conversation ever gets to our butts she will not be getting new tap shoes for her birthday.

Then I wonder how much her actions reflect what I do and how I parent.

When I arrived home today from lunch with friends, Tatum was on the stairs with her babydoll. Apparently, her baby fell down, so she wrapped the baby in a blankie and put her in Time Out on the stairs. I'm not sure that falling down has historically been a punishable offense in our house but something was interpretted as such. Hmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment